The thing that frightened me the most when I got admission in NUST was ragging. Although I was fully aware of the fact that in NUST ragging is not allowed but still as they say “Rules are meant to be broken” 😉 . I fell prey to some witty sophomores at different occasions but I somehow managed it 😛 …… I will not bore u by telling the details of how I got ragged but TBH ragging in NUST is far less severe as compared to other universities. The reason I am writing this blog is quite clear from the title. I will give you people some guidelines on how to avoid being ragged in NUST and trust meh u won’t get ragged if u follow my guidelines 😛 …… To get rid of or avoid ragging, there can be many ways. Some adoptable steps are specified below:
- Be Bold: Innocent ones usually get ragged a lot. You can easily judge a innocent freshie by his facial expressions. So, try not to behave like a stranger and look like a frightened chicken.
- Don’t be over smart: Contrary to the innocent ones, these dudes also get ragged a lot ….. Their over-confidence leads them to ragging…. Seniors enjoy ragging them and won’t stop until their confidence is totally shattered. LoL
- Close friend or relative: Having a senior relative or friend in the university is a blessing. Benefit from them in such cases. They can surely save u from their all-ready-to-pounce-on-freshies friends….. But TBH , sometimes ur relatives or friends rag u more than anyone else 😛 .. Anyways this point can be considered :P..
- Avoid being a cool dude: Do not stand out. Be the most boring person. If you have a goatee, get rid of it. No funky hairstyle for a month. You can let yourself blossom after a couple of months, once the onslaught of positive interaction is over! 😛
- Cafes=Ragging: In NUST, freshies usually get ragged in cafes. Avoid cafes specially in odd times…. The two cafes famous for ragging are C1 AND C2…You can see the pictures of these cafes below
- Ragging in hostels: Ragging in hostels is more as compared to the campus…. Seniors have a free hand in Hostels but you can always find ways out. Don’t move around much in such days and be confined to one place while trying to be away from your room being in their eyes all the time.
- Don’t Laugh: Last but not the least point is that even if u fall prey to some seniors, don’t u dare laugh when they are ragging you 😛 .
P.S: Many convinced me that you need not worry as it is a part of student’s life blah blah blah. But later I found even myself that this so-called-ragging is required since it helps in building confidence and a helpful contact list. Ragging is fun but only when it is within limits….On the whole, be smart and social in your interactions with people. If you feel that positive interaction goes overboard in what might be serious ragging, then you do not need to be a mute victim and accept it. Act wisely and be safe. All the Best!