NUST Need Base Scholarships (NNBS)
- NUST provides NEED BASED SCHOLARSHIPS to its selected Under Graduate and Post Graduate students of fresh entry every year on the basis of their financial need.
- The final merit for award of NNBS is generated on the basis of need of the student and his/her admission merit.
- Financial aid also depends on the availability of University funds.
- The scholarship is for on Campus duration of the programme in which the student is enrolled.
- Boarders (Full tuition fee waiver)
- Day Scholars (Half tuition fee waiver)
- Students may apply for NNBS on the prescribed form available on the website and send their applications to the NUST Financial Aid Office, PGP Dte through their institutions during the stipulated application period.
- Selection of scholarship awardees is completed within 3 months of the start of the academic year
- Students securing admission on open merit only are eligible for the award.
- Parents/guardian income (from all sources) of the students should not be more than the prescribed limit. The limit is enhanced each year to compensate for the inflation.
- Continuation of scholarship is subject to availability of funds, satisfactory academic performance i.e semester GPA/CGPA > 2.5/4.0 (for UG) and 3.0/4.0 (for PG), and good conduct of the student.
- NNBS awardees are also eligible to avail any other scholarship that does not provide cover for the complete expenditure of their studies (Tuition Fee+Hostel+Food expenses) like PEEF Scholarship, Support from W&R Dte, PEC merit scholarship etc. However awardees of HEC FATA-Baluchistan Scholarship, National ICTR&D Fund Scholarship and other such scholarships will be considered ineligible for NNBS.
- The selected students remain eligible for deferment of hostel dues & food expenses to be payable after completion of degree, as per prevalent policy.
- Preliminary Selection Committee evaluates the financial need of each student on the basis of his/her application through interview and determines whether or not the candidates and their families have adequate resources to finance education at NUST.
- The financial aid office is authorized to conduct physical verification and periodic reviews of all the NNBS awardees of NUST during any time of the year. In case of any misrepresentation / misreporting, the student can be debarred from the programme.