10:51 pm - Saturday November 18, 2017

Level of Job Security for Medical Students at AMC

I overhear two aunties discussing AMC in these words: “Oh so your child is a MC Cadet; so he must be getting a salary from the start…That’s a nice thing”.

“My neighbor daughter is a PC cadet, she tells that she has to serve in the army for 3 years at least after she pass out… Isn’t that secure enough for a girl to do a job of a doctor and still be respected and duly paid?”

So what comes in our minds when we first talk of AMC…obviously how hard to get admission after competing thousands of students for few seats…..? Second that how much job security and study security we get from the institution…. Along with the fame, we can easily complete our 5 year study of MBBS or 4 years BDS in exact time…not a month more or less…. Next the MC Cadets gets to serve in the army directly which are almost the 40% of every class…… Leaving behind the 60% which can obviously get into army any time after completing their studies…whenever they wish…..

The PCs are now mandatory to serve in army for 3 years after which if they want to they can always quit….. But after 3 years you get so used to the norms of the army thing that you won’t be, in most cases, leaving army at all…. So again job secured there for the PCs lot….

If somehow you are not so fascinated by the charms of army uniform and its salutes, respect etc…. You get a degree with two most prestigious stamps on it: NUST and ARMY MEDICAL COLLEGE

You show that to any hospital in Pakistan and you are sure to get a dignified job……When nothing works your own parent institution comes to rescue and you can always get inducted into army as an army doctor…..

That’s the kind of job security every parent and every individual aspiring for AMC look towards by the end of their study span at AMC……

Filed in: Expressions, Recent Posts

64 Responses to “Level of Job Security for Medical Students at AMC

1. sanam
    October 12, 2014 at 1:11 am #

Hi nayyab!!! What is pay of NCs during house job in mh/ cmh?

2. nayyab
    October 12, 2014 at 1:17 am #

10 thousand

3. sanam
    October 12, 2014 at 2:07 am #

Nayyab…. what is pay of house officers in punjab?

4. serving soul
    October 17, 2014 at 9:45 pm #

hey nayyab! i got 330 merit position.what do u think? shall i be selected as NC or not?

5. serving soul
    October 17, 2014 at 9:50 pm #

hey sanam congratx on ur selection…kindly do tell us the aggregate and merit position u got?

6. muneeza
    January 6, 2016 at 10:46 pm #

Hllo .i m inspired frm u.actually my father died three months ago.i m going for matric exams.i wanna be an army doctor.do pray

7. muneeza
    January 6, 2016 at 10:52 pm #

Can u guide me abt the way of becoming ‘captain doctor’ as i call it.plzzzzz.wanna do smthing special in life

8. Nayyab
    January 7, 2016 at 1:39 pm #

hey you can get into army after you complete your mbbs from any medical college after giving issb exam. the army seats for girls have been closed for now at amc.
    good luck

9. muneeza
    January 7, 2016 at 10:50 pm #

Thnx for hlp bt i ll be way more thankful if u explain it to me.bcoz i could nt understand properly.after my fsc,what am i supposed to do in order to bcom army doctor.if u dont mind u can give me ur twitter id,if u have any.i eagerly need guidance,after my father’s death ,its hard for me to concentrate then if u help me as an elder sister ,i ll be thankful

• nayyab
      January 13, 2016 at 3:58 pm #

Hi muneeza, the seats for female doctors are being closed at AMC. You can join any medical college and then apply for ISSB tests held every year for induction of army doctors. I Hope ALLAH helps you in you future endeavours.
      Good luck 🙂

10. muneeza
    January 7, 2016 at 10:52 pm #

My life only has one target lft now ‘becoming army doctor’

11. muneeza
    January 7, 2016 at 10:53 pm #

Hopefully i achieve my target bcoz its the only reason that i m alive after my dad.i wont be able to live without this post in life

12. muneeza
    January 7, 2016 at 10:57 pm #

Dont know why bt i have started to consider u my elder sister.may u live long and have every happiness in life unlike me bcoz after my dad everything seems priceless even this life i m living

13. muneeza
    January 8, 2016 at 4:13 pm #

Actually i wanted to know amc test date
    for my coznu

14. muneeza
    January 8, 2016 at 8:06 pm #

Hi whats the amc test date .wanted to know for my cousin

15. muneeza
    January 8, 2016 at 8:09 pm #

Cme on .reply soon hope u have seen my messages

16. muneeza
    January 8, 2016 at 10:00 pm #

nayab api i really need a lot of help.my father was a highly qualified and educated person.after him i ve become devoid of guidance.plz help me…..my life is standing on a steep clif where i need a lot guidance

17. Muneeza
    January 20, 2016 at 12:10 pm #

Thankx nayab api.luv u to the core..hopefully u ll guide me whenever needed☺

18. muneeza
    January 21, 2016 at 12:50 am #

Api AMC was my dream.really it has broken me.how can they do it .why girls cant be army doctors

19. muneeza
    January 21, 2016 at 12:53 am #

Its heart breaking for me nayab api.amc was my dream nd they closed admissions for girls.

20. muneeza
    January 22, 2016 at 3:46 pm #

Issb ka kya scene hai if they dont get girls in amc

21. muneeza
    January 22, 2016 at 3:49 pm #

If there is any way to join amc .plz let me know bcoz my determination for studying is vanishing with my dream of becoming army doctor frm amc.i m really really worried.cant even sleep