10:51 pm - Saturday November 18, 2017

NUST HQ vs. Military Colleges

Today, I am here, forced by the students to write on the blog. I will try to make my note as precise as possible. I hope you’d read the full text and understand the context.

Controversy: Article related to “NUST H-12 vs Military campuses” –

We accept that the approach used by the author was harsh but it was not Unethical. The way you guys responded back, started targeting the author personally with family and personal abuses was all unethical and cannot be tolerated in any case. Therefore the comments were switched off.

We have been providing One Platform for all the NUSTians since more than a year now. This is NOT just one article that was published on iRnustian blog about any Military College. There have been dozens of articles published about Military Colleges on the blog that has given a real positive image of not only the Military colleges but also NUST as a whole; here I mention few of them:

Aren’t all the articles mentioned above giving a positive image of EME or any Military College of NUST? Then why there was nobody to appreciate such effort of us? Why there is nobody to appreciate our work and there is everybody to criticize?

Today, we witnessed a “Boycott iRnustian” message on facebook for the very 1st time in our history just because of one article. Students asked us to remove the article or otherwise they will unsubscribe from our News Feed. Brothers/ Sisters, we are on a platform, a platform for you guys, a platform for all NUSTIANS! A podium where you can express your views and opinions, a blog which has always provided you a space to market your event without any cost, a platform which has guided you to choose best of the best option for deciding your discipline before entering NUST to the extent of explaining about individual campuses, their grading system etc. We received wall posts and messages today that we are biased towards civilian campuses of NUST. Is there any justification to it? This statement is only justified if we allow civilian students express their views and opinions and stop military campus students to do the same. But as mentioned before, we are a platform for all the NUSTIANS! There is NO EME, PNEC, MCS, H-12, MCE, CAE in iRnustian. All of you guys have equal opportunity to express yourself here on iRnustian blog.

Journalism is not about bringing up only positive side of the picture. It is all about bringing both the positives and negatives sides of it. We have been focusing on bringing both the sides of pictures of NUST from the very 1st day. If you guys feel happy on reading something Good about your campus, then you must have enough guts to bear and respond to something bad about your campus as well (limiting yourself within the basic ethical boundaries).

Keeping in view our motto of “.. my words speak” – The above mentioned article has been Temporarily restricted. It will get restored after few amendments – We believe in freedom of expression, but not by crossing boundaries of common ethics.

In the future, such articles under “Expression” category will keep on publishing. We will try our best to bring up controversial issues with a positive approach.

We believe in respect for individuality, favor positive criticism and freedom of expression! NUST is our alma mater and it’s the only reason for which we are here and are proud to be called as the NUSTians.

Stay Blessed!

Founder,

iRnustian.com

Filed in: Expressions

21 Responses to “NUST HQ vs. Military Colleges

1. Farhan
    October 13, 2011 at 9:57 pm #

It is quite unbelievable that mature students were complaining about that totally harmless article, which naturally prompts a sane mind to question their maturity!

I would suggest that those who are against the writers views should be allowed to post their perspective on the same subject, instead of quarreling on blog threads.

2. Nayyab
    October 13, 2011 at 10:14 pm #

Though i dont know what the article said. I just got out of the comments that it was related to Eme olympiad. If thats the case and some flaws were there. Which I personally heard from few at AMC even. Then everyone should understand and try to overcome them for next time.
    And All are Nustian nothing can devalue other but patience and tolerance to bear criticism in positive way is the key.
    I will appalaude the Ir Nustian Team hard work in their endeavours.
    Job well done IR nustian!
    And for all Nustians “PATIENCE for better future”.

3. FromHell
    October 13, 2011 at 10:28 pm #

Then why have you removed that article? I didnt read it when it was online but being a recent graduate from one of those Military Colleges I think I know what it would be all about. About how they stifle the life out of you right? That’s absolutely correct.

Put it back on without any amendments. Put up a disclaimer and save yourself, it is an expression article after all right?

Trust me I know a lot of people who feel that way. And it effects them a lot. This needs to get out there as it is for anything to change.

4. Waqas
    October 13, 2011 at 10:36 pm #

Regarding the first subject of your post along the lines of “This is NOT just one article that was published on iRnustian blog about any Military College.”
    Could you perhaps point out some other article creating this much of a hype? There was obviously something terribly wrong with this one. Don’t be quick to say it is only offensive because it covers the negative side. I ask you, the difference between ridiculing and positive criticism… You think this was the first time gentleman cadets or a military college was made fun of?

Secondly, why nobody appreciates you work? I’m sorry but day in day out whenever someone posts here or comments, it IS an appreciation to a job well done by you guys. It is better than the websites of our university and its campuses. BUT now I ask you, does doing something good and not getting praised for it reason for writing an article to bash others? Does it justify that HARSH approach?

Thirdly, you speak of unity among NUSTians, I’m sorry but have you read the article? I mean seriously… It clearly marks a line between H-12 and every other campus there is and how they are all stupid and lame but H-12 is super SUPER awesome! I fail to see anything constructive here. The author herself pointed out all military colleges by name, differentiating them from the “H-12ians”. I fail to see “There is NO EME, PNEC, MCS, H-12, MCE, CAE in iRnustian.” in that article.

Then you say you want proof of IR NUSTIAN being biased towards the civilian campus of NUST, you defending an article LARGELY seen as offensive by every military college student and Alumni. There is your proof. If you read those comments, you will realize they want you to take down the article and issue an apology. I don’t see an apology anywhere in your post. Instead you insist “you can’t tolerate the negative side”.

I’m sorry but bringing the negative side out is never condemned. Bringing it out in a way to defame, bash, look down upon and ridicule however, has never been the qualities of a GOOD journalist. I am totally for freedom of expression, but how on earth can you defend an article like that?

This is what i think about the article. the very first thing that comes to mind is that it is an immature analysis of a freshman, maybe sophomore. It should be titled “die military colleges die!” or maybe “my campus is better than yours! you suck!”. its a comparison alright but the theme is more along the lines of those titles above. If the author loves her campus, good enough, but if she had a bad experience at EME, what gives her the right to
    1. generalize all military colleges?
    2. ridicule the facilities they have to an extent and in a manner that it is no longer funny to a LARGE number of people?

I can post the views of EME Alumni here too if you like. They were all shocked to see such hatred and immaturity.

5. October 13, 2011 at 10:54 pm #

Lets come down to the new era of this generation , the level of spirit of fellowship and respect fellow mates drowns down with every single sunset that gets marked on the abacus of calendars , But where does it lead US ? It makes me sad when i see that this revolution of time brings no positive change in the humanity and respect for the people to whom you owe every single drop of respect , and because of some people our society is called and known as a bunch of “barbaric people” and nothing else , BUT it matters from person to person

Now coming to the answer of a NUSTIAN who earlier posted very unethical stuff about Lets come down to the new era of this generation , the level of spirit the most prestigious lot of EME in their own respect , We the Gentlemen cadets A.K.A GC’s and our fellow mate EMENENT NUSTIANS. The girl who posted the article studies in H12 campus and it is my courtesy that i am not taking the name of the female student but SHE and everyone else who have doubts about EMENENTS SHOULD read this. The tone that was showering down from the girl’s article, the substandard words that she used and the level of seventh hell down the ground she showed from her article showed how much she loves her country or respect her senior PAK FORCES heroes because she forgot that she can sleep peacefully in her home due to those people who sacrifice their sleeps for people like her so that they feel safe and hear the symphony of peace. she forgot that the campus she is studying in is ACTUALLY supported by PAK ARMY , she forgot that she was disgracing her own self , she forgot that even a dog would first clean a place where the dog desires to sit so where is the sense of this human who wrote an article indirectly against her own self and her self esteem. But i will remind her

Dear Student H12,

Do not show that your grooming lacks some basic building blocks, let me tell you H12 campus is very prestigious and v.well marked in the books of EMENENTS but that does not give you the right to mix your PERSONAL grooming with your institute, you should be right enough to stand for your words and not run away and hide your name after doing the damage. As far as EME olympiad was concerned it was a healthy competition for students and NOT a club party where you could come for gender mixing, you are more than welcome if you want to participate in any of the competition but if you wanted gender mixing you should have not come here the first place you can go and join whatever you have learned from your culture and that surely is not humanly or ethical , it is not the EME , it is the pollution in your mind , it is the frustration of not having anything else in your life , that you showed so any of army institute will never get effected from any wrong stone of post that you throw at us, and if you still want to write and show your mind go and write a book named as
    ” I AM FROM HQ NUST AND I DONT HAVE A LIFE OF MY OWN” , it will not get any retaliation from anywhere and surely a 10 ON 10 rated in the field of goofs ,
    so get a life .
    The admin should know that the author tried to target the family or military institutes and also the families of millions of people who send their children in FORCES, they are also families and the articles that you have posted in our favor , it is appreciated but that does not mean that any unethical thing can be posted against us , and I am sure that the abuses on the BLOG is not from EME , and this is the verge so it is a request that if you people cannot pay respect then you have the right to remain silent , and I assure this thing that it is warning next time you will not be able to write an apology even from this blog as it will get blocked so consider it our grooming that we believe in proving things right through logics and we will keep doing it in future.
    GC SYED AMIR
    (SPEAKS THE VOICE OF EMENENTS)

6. Javed
    October 13, 2011 at 11:12 pm #

If you are convinced that there was nothing wrong with the article under discussion, its better to put it back… I did not read it and frankly don’t know what was controversial in it …. if some of the students have objected on it … they have right to do that … as much as the writer of the article had to criticize military campuses… the fact that you have removed it weakens your case of saying that there was nothing wrong with it … i think this article of yours will further worsen the situation … either put the controversial article back or remove this article also…

7. tayyeb
    October 13, 2011 at 11:39 pm #

Post the article’s link? At least let us read it. you can turn off the comments.

8. eye opener Ahsan
    October 14, 2011 at 3:11 am #

for the record when the system is running smoothly no one appreciates the workers that they are running the system in a steady way because it is their job, they are not doing this out of human manifesto. but when a hitch arises and the system collapses all blame and criticism go to the workers because the system fell due to their negligence. So according to me if good stuff has been written then their is no solid ground to appreciate it because its the way it is but that article was the breakdown, if u know what i mean…

9. razi
    October 14, 2011 at 2:07 pm #

every1 has the right to say wht he or she wants n no one can deny that but i wld request some of the regular bloggers at IRnustian to use this power of speech to do sumthng to control this ever increasing “which is better h12 or millitary colleges” feeling, it can be harmful fr this whole nustian spirit i guess…

10. nustian
    October 14, 2011 at 7:30 pm #

I am currently studying in PNEC and although I haven’t read the article in question, I presume that it was regarding different ways in which military collages are quenching the creativity and free spirit of students. I agree, to some extent. Recently I have been told by the flag of our units commandant that when talking about NUST, keep all other institutions on one side and PNEC on the other. He told me that navy was actually doing a favor by allowing us to study in the institution. If that’s the mentality of our officials, then what more can I say?

11. NUSTIAN
    October 14, 2011 at 8:29 pm #

When the article got published you guys had problem then and now when it has been removed so people still have the problem to get it published again 😛
    LOL … When people will get satisfied? 😛

12. NUSTian
    October 14, 2011 at 11:39 pm #

i dont understand why they prefer calling themselves as emenant or signalian while we always prefer to call us NUSTian …. i think this explains a lot who is creating the discrimination -.-

13. FACE IT
    October 14, 2011 at 11:42 pm #

this forum is for NUSTIANS those who claim to be emenants or signalians are not at all welcomed here 🙂

• Hamzah
      October 15, 2011 at 3:11 am #

…and yes. I didn’t get a chance to read the follow-up comments before the article was deleted, but it did begin with “H-12ians”.

14. October 14, 2011 at 11:43 pm #

Assamalumailkum!!! i am a final year student of EME college and i have worked & interacted with two of the most prestigious schools of H-12 campus and i lost the respect of the people studying in H-12 after reading the articles & what the admin of i r nustian did to overcome this problem ,personally i love EME college more than any other institution in Pakistan.Freedom of speech dosen’t give u the right to hurt others or criticise someone in such harsh & unethical mannner ,it seemed to me that lady judged before she understood the norms of the college ,EME college is a place where one can send his daughter and not worry about her education as well as her dignity ,also EME college is a place where parents can send their sons and make a decent & well educated man out of him .ALHAMDULILLAAH!!! i am proud of my college and it is hurtful to me when somebody judges my beloved college for not what it stands for but instead for some silly reason which i am still unable to figure out ……so admin a piece of advice …….”Give respect to others before u start asking for it ” & for my sister who wrote the article “don’t compare military institutions and H-12 campus every place has its pros & cons don’t start fights and give rise to new conflicts indeed one who does that is in a greater loss & admin you should atleast not try to be biased because from where i am standing u sure do look that way ……..I am form EME college and i pay you my regards
    ALLAAH HAFIZ!!!

15. hannan
    October 15, 2011 at 12:52 am #

First of all if there was nothing wrong with the article why hide or remove it.Secondly every institution has some traits that make it unique and military colleges are known for their discipline/rules which are followed quite strictly. I have read the above mentioned article and to me it was some thing of the author’s personal hate against armed forces rather than a overview of the event . We all live in this country and we all know that how the men in uniform think and their rules and regulations. So when u come to another institution u have to abide by their rules and regulations. So if u have a problem with that Please dont come to these military colleges and hang out daily with people of opposite genders where ever u like.

16. Waqas
    October 15, 2011 at 11:15 pm #

1. generalize all military colleges?

17. Waqas
    October 15, 2011 at 11:16 pm #

where’s your freedom of speech now?

18. adnan
    October 16, 2011 at 12:37 am #

Didn’t read the article but know its contents and foul language used by by few readers… men in uniform PLEASE don’t spoil the image of what people are proud of… differences are always there, even son sometimes adamantly opposes his father but never says something below belt level… language used was not only unethical and obnoxious but also depicts the grooming level those persons had…In short “MAINTAIN THE DECORUM OF KHAKI WE WEAR”

19. October 17, 2011 at 11:17 am #

My article was not a retaliation against any . . . . but everyone to ensure that no one should hit anyone personally

20. ehsan
    October 13, 2016 at 6:24 pm #

oh really … you are saying there is no EME, PNEC etc .. All of us are NUSTIANS and then you categorize your event tickets as NUSTIAN , Non NUSTIAN and others… (NUST Olympaid)