Now that you have taken the NET and free from the trouble of studying, you decide to pay a visit to your friends. There you hear conflicting opinions about your selected discipline and you suddenly feel the urge to change it, but how?
Here is the procedure for Changing your Discipline:
- Take some more time and do a thorough search, which discipline you want to go into.
- Download your “Selection Letter” from NUST official website, write back to “Registrar” and ask him to change your Discipline from your current one to your desired one.
- You will not be allowed to change your discipline every now and then, hence step 1.
- You preferred discipline should be having a lower merit number requirement that your current discipline (for instance, your current discipline is Software Engineering so you cannot change it to Electrical Engineering (Software Engineering requires lower merit position than Electrical Engineering.))
- Don’t forget to attach your current selection letter with the application.
- Write an application to Registrar NUST and request him to change your preference.
- You should 1st homework on the current merit positions of disciplines you are now planning to change to.
- If the merit position of your desired disciplines lies in your current merit position, you should write that particular discipline in current preference. For example, your merit position is 1400 and you wrote only Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering in your previous preference list, and now after the homework, you came to know that you can get in NUST civil engineering, chemical engineering, environmental engineering etc. Then write an application to Registrar, request him to change your preference according to this:
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering