NUST Science Society is looking for capable, hard working, emotionally intelligent and understanding personals among NUSTians to join the society’s Human Resource Team. The HR team will be responsible to ensure maximum throughput of society and its members.
The work description will include but not limited to the following dimensions.
- Responsible for all human resource activities to include induction, reward, entertainment, and training.
- Plan and process interviews for executive membership applicants; review application/resume; evaluate applicant skills and make recommendations regarding applicant’s expertise.
- Prepare and maintain the job descriptions for new positions made, and ensure even work load distribution.
- Design and conduct new members’ orientations.
- Administer and explain benefits to executive/general members, serve as liaison between executive members and society.
- Recommend, develop and schedule training courses, if necessary.
- Provide advice, assistance and follow-up on society decisions, procedures, and documentation.
- Recommend, develop and maintain human resource data bases, computer software systems, and manual filing systems.
- Recommend, plan and organize recreational trips for members
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Ability to lead / develop Human Resources team.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and skills in database management and record keeping.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Imagination, innovation and expertise to improve
- Ability to withstand high work load and multi-tasking
- 1 x Director HR
- 2 x Manager HR
- 2 x HR Assistant
Interested candidates to submit their brief resume (expressing their past experience in curricular activities) and a page long essay justifying their personality and skills for the team latest by July 10th, 2011 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case of any queries, please address your questions to Director Public Relations – Hafsah Akhtar on the society email.
Please make sure this opportunity brings extreme learning and experience but no monetary benefits. Selected candidates will be awarded a letter of appreciation and acknowledgement for their work. Due appreciation will be made / arranged if, exceptional performance is shown.
NUST Science Society