Sleepless nights in hot are really unkind for me, busy in thoughts and abusing WAPDA, yesterday night, I just imagined What if really, I were the rector of National University of Sciences and Technology? LOL. 1st reaction was a laugh, then, I realized, I should think what if it really happens?
Starting the day with Mercedes car, I use to order my driver to take me to the University at 10am, after a full fledge breakfast. Doing some office work in air conditioned room, and completing the remaining hours of sleepless night on the spongy foamed bed in my office, attending meeting with Pro RectorS, and reading up some applications and deleting up emails of students from my inbox, a jam-packed lunch at my lunch room and ending of day with a bachelor party with my friends at Gelato or any way around :). It would be a perfect life for me to pass with my driver, cook, friends (no one else please).
LOL. Getting serious to the topic, I had realized that there are number of things in the University that need to be seriously addressed, the 1st and foremost thing about the University, I do is:
- Decrease the number of offices with officers at the HQ. None of any University has that number of Pro-Rectors that our University have.
The other thing I would have done, if I were Rector of University are:
- An open court session twice in a week with one complaint box placed at the entrance of my office. (I would use to read and address them too)
- Daily lunch schedule with students with distributed days; mess, central cafe etc.
- Unannounced and Unexpected visits at different departments of Head Quarter with suspension letters (I am really tired up to see the head quarter officers watching live stream movies on wireless LAN as a student)
- Setting up International level dress code at University (Shorts allow)
- Instead of increasing students fee, decreasing the salary of faculty and Head Quarter officers, so that poor students don’t hesitate to apply.
- Unexpected visits to any room of the hostel (including warden) any time with suspension letters.
- Installing secret cameras in the Hostels.
- Centralized bus system of University.
- Setting up a standard for teachers’ salary. (some take too much, some way less at same level)
I know, it’s easy to do say all such stuff at internet, and way difficult to do on ground. I understand the position of a Rector of University too. But there are number of expectations from all the students with you Sir. There are number of issues of students and faculty that require your attention; you will see some of those below in comments too.
Note: The idea of publishing this post was not to target any personality; publishing it just to seek attention of authorities
You can share your problems in comments as if i am the rector 🙂