10:47 pm - Tuesday February 20, 2018

NUST Internship and Placement Office

Students from all constituent schools and colleges can get registered with Internship and Placement Office for receiving reputed internship and career opportunities. Its easy and simple. Just send your resume/CV and the journey starts.

The Internship and Placement Office (IPO) at NUST, provides programs and services to students and Alumni in exploring and making effective career choices. The programmes and services provide opportunities for NUST students and Alumni to foster professional networks with employers and also assist employers in meeting their recruitment needs. The office opens various avenues that encourage personal and professional development as well as provide support in achieving career and life goals.

It offers our students and Alumni following services:-

1. Career Advisory Group

2. Resume and Cover Letter Assistance

3. Interviewing Skills

a). Mock Interviewing

b). Informational Interviewing

4. Internship Program

5. Job Search

6. Career Library

7. Employers

8. Career/ Job Fairs

9. Career – Development Workshops

They could be reached  at:

For Student Counseling

Mr. Sikander Hazir

Manager Corporate Communications

Tel:   051-90851215

Email: communications@nust.edu.pk

Web: http://nust.edu.pk/usr/cdo/

Location

The Office is located in Concordia-1, Student Centre H-12 Sector, Islamabad.

Top Recruiters:

Top NUSTian Recruiters for the year 2009-10

[portfolio_slideshow]

Filed in: In Focus, Recent Posts

5 Responses to “NUST Internship and Placement Office

1. Bilal
    June 23, 2010 at 7:58 pm #

Top NUSTian Recruiters:well this is some exciting information 🙂

2. Sana
    June 25, 2010 at 3:11 am #

A pretty useful and enlightening report. *Agrees with the preceding comment*

3. M. M.
    June 25, 2010 at 12:39 pm #

Looking forward to avail this opportunity! 🙂

4. Usama Shahid Khan
    June 28, 2010 at 5:54 am #

This office is just not able to deliver what it is supposed to. I registered with this office around 6 months back and I specially met them in person and sent them emails that I would like this office to help me in getting an internship this summer. To my extreme disappointment, these people never replied. I therefore sent an email once more reminding them about it. And guess what happened; it's the exam week and then I receive an email roughly after 1.5 weeks time since I sent my email that you can take an appointment and visit us in our office to discuss it.

I was like WTH? For 6 months you don't process my internship application, you don't inform me about ANY internship opportunities, you don't forward my CV to any of the companies, you don't even have the decency to reply back to my emails (twice, it was the 3rd time they replied) and at the end when you finally do (which btw is in the last week of the semester), you expect me to take an APPOINTMENT from you and visit you to DISCUSS it and that too when the summer internship period is just about to start and all internship placements are already filled in???

Fortunately, I had already used my personal contacts and got an internship placement at a reputed company. Had I relied on this "NUST Career and Internship Placement Office", I am pretty sure that even when I had graduated, this office wouldn't have done ANYTHING for me.

Two thumbs down!

5. Hassan Khan
    July 9, 2013 at 12:36 pm #

I completely agree with Usama, CDC is just a gimmick to get better rankings I suppose. It looks all very bright and shiny on the web but on the ground it is dust.